Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) was established on 1st June 1996 with the assent of H.E. Governor of Karnataka as a full fledged University in the academic year 1996 vide Government notification No/EDI/UOV/dated 12th February 1996 (Karnataka State Open University Act - 1992). It is a recognised University of Distance Education Council (DEC), New Delhi, regular member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Delhi, permanent member of Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), London, UK, Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU), Beijing, China, and also has association with Commonwealth of Learning (COL). Shyam Institute of Management & Technology is promoting the programmes under the following streams :
Shyam Institute of Management and Technology is promoting the Star Scheme of NSDC as a LTP. The details and objectives of the scheme are discussed below
Star Scheme Banner
The STAR scheme is an initiative to boost employability and productivity of youth by providing them monetary incentive to voluntarily join an approved skill training course that is certified by Sector Skill Councils.
The scheme is available at centres approved by Government of India and/or National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and centres affiliated to Sector Skill Councils.
The objective of this Scheme is to encourage skill development for youth by providing monetary rewards for successful completion of approved training programs. Specifically, the Scheme aims to:
- Encourage standardization in the certification process and initiate a process of creating a registry of skills.
- Increase productivity of the existing workforce and align the training and certification to the needs of the country.
- Provide Monetary Awards for Skill Certification to boost employability and productivity of youth by incentivizing them for skill trainings.
- Reward candidates undergoing skill training by authorized institutions
Eligible Sectors and Job Roles
- While the Scheme is intended to cover all job roles in all sectors, it will initially cover only a limited number of high-market-demand Job Roles in specified economic sectors from Levels 1 to 4 in the NSQF.
- National Occupational Standards (NOSs) and Qualification Packs (QPs) for these roles are prepared by the respective SSCs, and will constitute 80% of the entry-level workforce in priority sectors.
Assessment and Certification
- All assessments will conform to assessment guidelines laid down by the concerned SSC for each QP. Any candidate can undergo assessment any number of times for qualifying for a particular job role, at any approved assessment agency. A candidate has to undergo formal training as a prerequisite for assessment.
- Assessment Fees charged to Candidates for each assessment is capped at Rs. 1000/-
For More Details You may Contact Mr. Hare Prasad at +91-9999401936 NOW